Thursday, October 26, 2006

A Dream...and a Hope

Posted by Picasa




I have A Dream. . . and a Hope

I dream of a day when spiritual formation has so saturated all who follow hard after Jesus that they become known to all as experts in how to live well.

• How to love a spouse well.
• How to raise children well.
• How to study well.
• How to face adversity well.
• How to run businesses and financial institutions well.
• How to form community life well.
• How to reach out to those on the margins well.
• How to die well.

read more

2 comments:

  1. It's been great walking through Celebration of Discipline again (I think this is the 4th or 5th time for me) with a group from our church. every week we're supposed to read two chapters and then talk about some of the insights and areas which we're moved to address. I've always found Foster and Renovare related stuff very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have been very inspired by the movement Richard Foster and his mentor started. They started by recalling us to spiritual formation.

    Much water have flowed under the bridge in the last 15 years and the conversation is on spiritual formation based congregations. I believe we are reaching an important milestones here.

    Here is who the spititual formation people should dialogue with the emergent church people. Who knows what will come out this dialogue?

    ReplyDelete