Monday, June 18, 2007

It is Impossible for God to Fail Us

Something I shared with a Youth Group yesterday

Things that are impossible for God

Part 5: It is impossible for God to fail us

A lot of us think that God has failed us in some way. Usually when something bad happens to us we love to blame God for it. When we have no hope, it can easily lead to discouragement and feeling that life is being sucked out of you. This can lead to drugs, sex, or hanging out with people that seemingly can give us what we’re missing. The truth is that God created us as original masterpieces and today’s pain is only temporary. His will is someday you would step away from the world’s way and be reconciled to him and trust in the promises He gives us.

(1) God knows us very well.
PS 139:13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
PS 139:14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
PS 139:15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
PS 139:16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.


Who am I ?
Nobody understands me
I don’t like how I look
I want to be smart
Why am I so shy?
I hate pimples
My parents do not understand my needs
Why can’t I have a PSP/PS3/X-box/iPod/3G phone/notebook/car/dog?


(2) We are on a journey of life. Some roads are rocky, some roads are smooth.

Who am I becoming?
Will I do well in my exams?
What job do I want to do?
Will my life be okay?
Does she/he like me?
Will I continue to be a Christian?

(3) God will always give us another chance if we fail.

1 Cor 10:13
13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

Oops, sorry. Try again.
· Why can’t I get anything right?
· Why is my mother/father always angry at me? Don’t they know I must be me?
· Why do I always fail?
· Does God always forgive?
· How do I find God’s will?
· What happens if I fall out of God’s will?
·

(4) God’s plans for our lives will succeed.
2 Cor. 1: 20-22
20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. 21 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

Money back guarantee
· God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.
· God never fails.
·


God loves us and it is impossible for Him to fail to help us become who He created us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment