Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Random Musings on Chicago Hawaii 2008 Trip (5)

Food, Glorious Food





What is a trip without indulging in the local food? Eating in the States has become very cosmopolitan. Whereas once, only 'Western' food were common, nowadays it is possible to find food from different parts of the world. What is even more fascinating is that the taste of the food is closer to the country of origin rather than a generic 'Westernised' version. This is especially true of Hawaii with its rich heritage of the Caucasians, Japanese, Koreans, Chinese, and the native Hawaiian. I have tasted the native Hawaiian poi, which was interesting but like haggis, I do not take a liking to.

Man, I gonna have to lose some weight!

Oh, may I mention that I had dinner in the same restaurant with presidential candidate Barack Obama eating a few tables away.

No comments:

Post a Comment