Thursday, December 31, 2009

Blog Anniversary 2010

I started this blog on 1st January 2006 and has completed four years of blogging and this is my 2,001st post. As I begin my fifth year of blogging, I wish to thank all the readers who have read my posts. Some of you have become my friends. I appreciate the interactions and feedback either as comments on my blogs, Facebook, emails, SMS and letters.

I started this blog as a way to learn more about blogging. Gradually I find that this blog has become a way for me to voice out new ideas, and to process my thinking. Here I do find all your comments helpful. Writing the posts, reviewing the books I have read, movies I have seen, comics I have enjoyed, and computer games I have completed makes me more precise and disciplined in my thinking. It forces me to relate what I have just encountered with my belief system and worldview.

This blog is about my spirituality. I am a Christian by choice. My theology is Reformed. Christianity to me is not about a set of 'do' and 'don't' but about living out my beliefs in my everyday life. This includes my job, my hobbies, my reading and thought life. It should not be a surprise to some of my readers that a Christian may enjoy movies, reading books and comics, playing computer games and collecting Batman action figures. Or be tolerant of other religious traditions.

Most of all, I want to emphasis here, my blog is about my understanding of what Christianity is all about. I offer this blog as a resource. That is why I post links to articles, videos or other websites. The other resource I offer is my website Kairos Spiritual Formation where I have posted most of my writings and commentaries.

Thank you again for reading and visiting this blog. See ya and a Happy New Year

.

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year. May 2010 bring lots more joyful and helpful blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Alex! Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. only 4 years. many more to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alex, has it been that long? 4 years makes you a veteran in the blogosphere. Congrats! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys,

    Thank you for being my blogging buddies and thank you for your well wishes.

    ReplyDelete